Shannon Creek forest drive
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Shannon Creek forest drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Starting at Tyringham General Store (last fuel):
- Drive north along Armidale-Grafton Road to Clouds Creek
- Take the left-hand turn-off onto Tallowwood Road (signposted)
- Tallowwood Road meets Ellis Road, continue along Ellis Road.
- Turn right onto Sheas Nob Road, then take Link Road to Joebills Road.
- Return back along Joebills Road and Shannon Creek Road and pass the intersection with Boundary Creek forest drive on your right
- Shannon Creek Road joins Boundary Creek Forest Road
- Turn right at T-intersection and after 1km, meet Armidale-Grafton Road south of Nymboida village.
Starting at the Nymboida Coaching Station (no fuel):
- Drive south along Armidale-Grafton Road
- Turn right onto Boundary Creek forest drive
- Turn left to continue along Boundary Creek forest drive
- Turn right onto Shannon Creek Road.
- Turn left off Shannon Creek Road onto Joebills Road
- Turn right onto Boundary Creek Forest Road
- Go through gate and turn right onto Link Road
- Turn right onto Sheas Nob Road, views into Chandlers Creek gorge on your right.
- Take Ellis Road and Tallowwood Road to return to Armidale-Grafton Road
Park entry points
- Shannon Creek access See on map
Parking is available at Shannon Creek picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Chaelundi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Photography of forest and cycads fruiting.
Wilderness bushwalking along Chandler Creek gorge.
Remote camping, fishing and swimming in Chandler Creek.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
28°C and 30°C
21°C and 24°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Assistance may be required if stopping at Shannon Creek picnic area
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460