Coonabarabran - Baradine - Warrumbungle drive
All the practical information you need to know about Coonabarabran - Baradine - Warrumbungle drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Coonabarabran - Baradine - Warrumbungle NP drive is in Warrumbungle National Park. To get there:
- From Coonabarabran, follow the signs to Baradine and The Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre (45km).
- From Baradine, follow the signs south west along Gulargambone Road towards Warrumbungle National Park (45km). There are 20km of unsealed roads during this section of the drive.
- Turn left onto John Renshaw Parkway and follow the signs east through Warrumbungle National Park to Coonabarabran (47km).
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at various sites along the drive.
Best times to visit
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 30C. In contrast, winter can be very cold and the temperature drops below freezing at night. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods. Less rain falls on the western side of the park than on the eastern side. It rains most from December to February and the annual average rainfall is 720mm. Thunderstorms are common in mid to late summer.
During early spring wildflowers are in bloom, including a huge variety of golden wattle flowers With a more moderate climate, spring is a great time to get out and camp under the stars .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
0°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass