Bouddi National Park
Strom loop is a gentle track suitable for walking or cycling in Bouddi National Park. Enjoy the fully-equipped picnic area or other trails for further exploration near Gosford.
- Bouddi National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- 5km loop
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Putty Beach area only
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Strom loop is a good option for families who enjoy walking or beginner cycling, and want to get a taste of Bouddi National Park. Strom loop can be completed as either a 5km round trip or a 3km one-way trail ending at Mount Bouddi (Dingeldei) picnic area.
Beginning at Maitland Bay Information Centre, follow Strom loop as it parallels the 2.5km stretch of Scenic Road. It’s a straightforward walking or cycling trail with scenic forest views and birdwatching opportunities. Most mammals in the park are nocturnal, but if you keep your eyes open you might be lucky to spot a swamp wallaby or echidna.
After taking advantage of the facilities in Mount Bouddi (Dingeldei) picnic area, you can return along Strom loop or make a loop via Scenic Road, North West Ridge trail, and Turkey trail. If bushwalking, you can use the link to Maitland Bay walking track instead or Mount Bouddi walking track.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins.Buy annual pass
Things to do (69)
- Aboriginal culture (15)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (5)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (3)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (30)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Swimming (5)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (33)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)