Cascade Hut trail
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cascade Hut trail.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Cascade Hut trail is in the Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- From Jindabyne, drive along Kosciuszko Road towards Perisher
- Turn left at Alpine Way and follow for around 30km
- Continue 5.5km past the Thredbo Village turn-off
Park entry points
- Cascade Trail carpark See on map
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
Parking is available at the start of the trail, please note that all vehicles must display a park entry pass.
Maps and downloads
- Fat bikes, or snow bikes, are permitted year-round on Cascade Hut trail.
- Walking is not recommended in winter as this trail can become snowbound.
- You can cross-country ski or snowshoe this trail in winter.
- Cycling is permitted in the Pilot Wilderness Area only on Cascade trail, Ingeegoodbee trail, and Nine Mile trail.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited at this location. Drones can impact on public enjoyment and privacy, interfere with park operations, and may pose a threat to wildlife in some areas. For more information, see the Drones in Parks policy.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited at this location unless prior consent has been obtained. Find out how to apply for permission to conduct commercial filming or photography and download an application form. Contact the local office to obtain consent for commercial filming or photography.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass