Canoe Evans River paddle route
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Canoe Evans River paddle route.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Canoe Evans River paddle route is in the Evans Head precinct of Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From Evans Head, head south along Woodburn Street
- Take Elm Street across the Evans River
- Take the first right into Bundjalung Road and continue to Gummigurrah picnic area.
Park entry points
- Gummigurrah parking area See on map
Parking is available at Gummigurrah picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bundjalung National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to Iluka Bluff for a spectacular coastal view of the park, beaches and the mouth of the river – keep your eyes peeled for whales on their return migration.
Escape to the wintersun for a family camping holiday, it should still be warm enough for a swim so remember to bring your cozzie.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 21°C
Between January and March
Between August and October
Maps and downloads
- Alstonville office
- Thursday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477