Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Parc Cafe.
Getting there and parking
Parc Cafe is located within Snowy Region Visitor Centre in Jindabyne. To get there from Canberra via Cooma:
- Travel 116km along Monaro Highway to Cooma
- Drive through Cooma for 7km
- Continue along Kosciuszko Road for 62km to Jindabyne
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre is on the left after Memorial Hall and before Nuggets Crossing shopping centre.
It's compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for current conditions.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the Snowy Region Visitor Centre including several designated disabled spots. There's also bus and coach parking in several designated spots.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair accessible
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Parc Cafe
- Monday to Saturday, 6.30am to 4pm. Sundays and public holidays, 8am to 3pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6456 2517
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre, 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass