Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Butterbox Canyon.
Getting there and parking
Butterbox Canyon is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there from Sydney:
- If driving, take the Great Western Highway and take the Leura Mall exit.
- Turn right at the roundabout and take the highway overpass.
- Turn right onto Britain Street, then left on to Mount Hay Road.
- Continue 15km to the carpark at the end of the unsealed road.
- Sealed roads
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available in the carpark at the end of Mount Hay Road.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.