Yachting Point campground
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
Yachting Point campground is located off Snowy Mountains Highway in northern Kosciuszko National Park, near Tumut. Set beside Blowering Dam, it's a great spot for fishing and water activities.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Snowy Mountains Highway is a scenic driving route between Tumut and Cooma, taking in caves, campgrounds, ski fields, trails for hiking, biking and horse riding in northern Kosciuszko National Park.
Just a short drive from Kosciuszko’s northern attractions, Humes Crossing campground is an ideal camping base for large groups and families with kids.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass