Wheeny Creek campground
Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wheeny Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Wheeny Creek campground is located in the southeast section of Wollemi National Park. To get there:
- From South Windsor, travel north along Singleton Road (route 69)
- Turn left into Blaxland Ridge Road
- Turn right into Comleroy Road
- The last 4km is unsealed road to Wheeny Creek campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Wheeny Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wollemi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With its softer light, autumn is the perfect time of year to head out to photograph or paint Wollemi's extraordinary landscapes.
With the temperature warming up, dig out the canoe and head to picturesque Ganguddy (Dunns swamp) for a cruise along the waterways.
Escape the heat and join an illuminating tour of the Glow Worm tunnel.
- Drinking water is not available at this campground. Remember to treat or boil all water taken from creeks in the park.
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave
Managed by Hawkesbury City Council (02) 4560 4444.
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
Firewood is not supplied, and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.