New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Thungutti campground.
Getting there and parking
On entering New England National Park:
- Continue along Point Lookout Road
- Thungutti campground is located on your left, just near the park entrance.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Thungutti campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Tank water is available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, but it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
Noise restrictions apply at this campground.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in New England National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
New England National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.