Abercrombie River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Beach.
Getting there and parking
The Beach is in the southern precinct of Abercrombie River National Park. To get there:
- Take Abercrombie Road south from Oberon for 32km
- 9km past Black Springs, turn right onto Isabella Road.
- Travel 25km through Vulcan State Forest on Blue Road to Arkstone Road
- Follow Arkstone Road to Abercrombie River fire trail
- Take the steep trail down to the campground (low 4WD recommended)
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for in Abercrombie River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The weather at this time of year is perfect for camping and hiking.
Bring your swimmers and take a dip in Abercrombie and Retreat rivers.
The days are crisp – snow falls in higher parts of the park – so pack on the layers, fire up the 4WD and explore some of those trails.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 25°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)