Swifts Creek campground
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Swifts Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
By car from Moama:
- Head along Cobb Highway towards Mathoura for around 20mins (29.8km)
- Turn right onto Exchange Road (NPWS symbol on sign), and head into Murray Valley National Park's Moira precinct.
- Continue along Exchange Road, veering left down Coolamon Road.
- Turn right onto Swifts Creek Road and continue along until you reach the River Road intersection at the river.
- Turn right into Swifts Creek campground and picnic area.
From Mathoura/Picnic Point Road:
- Take the Picnic Point Road turn-off and continue along the road
- Turn right at the turn-off to The Narrows and continue along over a little one-way bridge
- Veer right as you continue along this road along the top of the levy bank
- Veer left as you continue along until you reach the park entrance.
- Travel another 7km along River Road/Hut Road until you reach Swifts Creek campground and picnic area
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available a short walk from Swifts Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Moama (Murray area)
(03) 5483 9100
Contact hours: 9.30am-3pm (April to September) 8.30am-4.30pm (October to March) Monday to Friday
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW
- Moama (Murray area)