Running Waters campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Running Waters campground.
Getting there and parking
Running Waters campground is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Follow Barry Way south of Jindabyne for 61km
- Turn left into Running Waters campground
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Running Waters campground.
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this campground, including toilets, with some difficulty. Wheelchair access to the river is not available.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited without prior consent. You must apply for permission and contact the local office.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Snowy Region Visitor Centre
49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600