Running Waters campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Running Waters campground.
Getting there and parking
Running Waters campground is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Follow Barry Way south of Jindabyne for 61km
- Turn left into Running Waters campground
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Running Waters campground.
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this campground, including toilets, with some difficulty. Wheelchair access to the river is not available.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass