Moira North campgrounds
Murray Valley National Park
Book a camping stay at Moira North campgrounds in Murray Valley National Park, near Mathoura. Enjoy the largest continuous river red gum forest in the southern hemisphere.
Choose from 13 campgrounds when you arrive:
- Greensborough campground
- Poverty Point campground
- Plain campground
- Narrows campground
- Kings Landing campground
- 258 Tree campground
- Coolamon campground
- Red Gum campground
- D Tree campground
- Porters Creek Road campground
- Lakes campground
- O'Shannassy campground
- Hollows campground
There are no camping fees, but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Moira North campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. RVs/motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
From Mathoura/Picnic Point Road:
- Take the Picnic Point Road turn-off and continue along the road.
- Turn right into Tarragon Road and continue along over a little one-way bridge.
- Veer right as you continue along this road along the top of the levy bank.
- Veer left into river road and until you reach the park entrance.
- At Greensborough campground and picnic area, proceed to your campground from there.
Murray River canoe trails
These 4 canoe trails in Murray Valley National Park and Victoria’s Barmah National Park offer something for every paddler. Canoe the flowing Murray River, secluded creeks or Barmah Lake.
Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk
It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk to Reed Beds Bird Hide, with fun things to do along the way. Listen to see how many different bird calls you can hear on the way.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)