Mirang Pool campground
Heathcote National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mirang Pool campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mirang Pool campground is in the middle of Heathcote National Park. The campground can only be accessed by foot from Heathcote.
To get there:
- Enter from Heathcote train station and look for the Mirang Pool signpost at the top of the stairs leading down to the pools.
- Follow the signs to the campground (1¾ hr walk on a bush track).
It is quite a long walk from the park’s entrance to the campground, so be sure to bring a Heathcote National Park topographic map.
Park entry points
- Heathcote Train Station See on map
- Sealed roads
- No vehicle access
- All weather
There is no vehicle access to the campground. Parking is available at:
- Heathcote, at the western end of Oliver Street (1¼ hr walk on a bush track)
- Heathcote train station (1¾ hr walk on a bush track)
Best times to visit
Heathcote National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
Visit Heathcote National Park in spring to see blooming Gymea lilies give a scarlet glow to the gullies.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
-0.6° C (1968)
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Mirang Pool is a remote backpack camping area. Campers must carry all their equipment to the campground and be fully self-sufficient.
- Sites are unmarked and suitable for tents only. Camping is available for 1 night stays only.
- There are no facilities at this campground – please pack accordingly.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Amplified music is not permitted.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Campfires are not permitted at Mirang Pool campground, so please bring your own fuel stove.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.