Limeburners Creek National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Melaleuca campground.
Getting there and parking
Melaleuca campground is in the northern precinct of Limeburners Creek National Park. To get there:
- Drive towards Crescent Head from Kempsey
- As you enter Crescent Head village, turn right into Point Plomer Road, also known as Bakers Road.
- Continue for approximately 14km along gravel road to Big Hill
- At the Big Hill entrance to the park, take the inland road for approximately 500m to the campground.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Melaleuca campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Melaleuca campground. Bus parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Limeburners Creek National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Watch the heathland wildflowers burst with colour and enjoy long walks on the beach as you look out for whales in the distance.
Take the kids to Point Plomer for a family holiday by the beach, swimming by day and discovering the star-filled skies by night.
Take advantage of the better surf conditions in winter and a chance to spot whales on their migration north.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood can be purchased from the campground manager
- Rubbish bins are provided, but please try to take your rubbish with you.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- There is a wheelchair accessible toilet
Noise restrictions apply at this campground
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.