Applies from Mon 3 Oct 2022, 11.12am to Tue 10 Oct 2023, 11.15am. Last reviewed: Mon 3 Oct 2022, 11.18am.
Safety alerts: River crossings to campgrounds
Vehicle access to the following camping areas is via natural river bed crossings that require 4WD capability, and are subject to flooding:
- Wollemi National Park - Newnes (Cricket Pitch camping area only)
- Turon National Park - all camping areas
- Marrangaroo National Park - main camping area
- Abercrombie River National Park - all camping areas
- Kanangra Boyd National Park - Kowmung river crossing
River levels can rise rapidly with heavy rain falling upstream. Please check the weather forecast before leaving home.