Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Main campground.
Getting there and parking
Main campground is in the south western precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway south of Mildura.
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Main campground is on the right shortly before the T-intersection
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Main campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available beside your campsite at Main campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Showers and flush toilets can be found at Mungo Visitor Centre
- There are no powered sites at this campground
- Non-flush toilets
Fires permitted in fireplaces and wood barbecues only.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair accessible
- This campground has flat gravel sites
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees: $8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass