Kings Plains Creek campground
Kings Plains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kings Plains Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
- From either Glen Innes or Inverell, follow the signs to Kings Plains Road.
- Take the Jindalee Road turn-off from Kings Plains Road then turn west into the park approximately 2.5km south-west of Jindalee
- Follow the road to the end to reach the campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Kings Plains Creek campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available adjacent to the campground and is accessed via a walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kings Plain National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Pleasant days make for great walking conditions around the park.
Wildflowers come into bloom across the park and attract many bird species, making this a great time for birdwatching.
It can get very hot at this time of year, so the shaded campsites beside the creek are great for escaping the heat.
Now's the perfect time to relax by a cosy campfire in the beautiful natural surroundings the park has to offer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 32°C
2°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
Generators are permitted to be used in some areas within the campground.