Humes Crossing campground
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Humes Crossing campground.
Getting there and parking
Humes Crossing campground is in the northern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Follow the directions to Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- Then continue for approximately 24km south along Snowy Mountains Highway
- Humes Crossing campground is adjacent to the highway next to the dam.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Humes Crossing campground.
- Water is not available at this campground. Dam water can be used but should be boiled prior to drinking.
- Rubbish bins are provided
- Firewood is not provided
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass