Halfway Flat campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Halfway Flat campground.
Getting there and parking
Halfway Flat campground is in the southern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Take Barry Way south from Jindabyne for 53.3km
- Halfway Flat campground is on the left, adjacent to the road.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Halfway Flat campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Halfway Flat campground, just a short walk from the campsites.
- Water is not available at this campground. Please remember to boil water taken from the Snowy River.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass