Gum Hole campground and picnic area
Warrabah National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Gum Hole campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
The safest, legal way to get to this campground is via Manilla.
Don’t use Google Maps to direct you to this campground and picnic area. It will take you on unsafe, unmarked roads through private property. You can use Google Maps to get you to Manilla only. From Manilla, please follow these directions:
- Travel north out of town across the Namoi River towards Barraba
- Around 500m north of the bridge, turn right onto Barraba Street
- Continue onto Namoi River Road and follow the signs to Warrabah National Park
- Turn right onto Warrabah trail
- Gum Hole campground is located 3.2km into Warrabah National Park, past Warrabah campground and at the end of Gum Hole trail
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Warrabah National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Make the most of the cooler days to explore some of the park's more heart-pumping bushwalks.
A lovely time to enjoy picnicking by the river, indulging in wildlife and nature photography, birdwatching, and bushwalking.
Cool off from the heat in the lovely Namoi River with a swim and a splash, enjoy a spot of fishing, or take on a bracing canoeing adventure.
The park is often quiet at this time of year, yet doesn't get too cold, so it's a good opportunity to go bushwalking and birdwatching in solitude.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 32°C
0°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected within the park.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)