Geehi Flats campground
Khancoban area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Geehi Flats campground.
Getting there and parking
Geehi campground is in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Take Alpine Way south for 36km
- Turn right at Geehi Flats campground and picnic area, just before the Swampy Plain River bridge crossing.
- From Snowy Region Visitor Centre, take Kosciuszko Road west for 3km
- Turn left on to Alpine Way and follow around 76km
- Cross the bridge over the Swamp Plain River and turn left at Geehi Flats campground and picnic area.
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Geehi Flats campground and picnic area, including bus parking.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Phone/internet facilities are available at Khancoban, Thredbo and Jindabyne.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Geehi Flats campground is fully wheelchair-accessible and has wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You’ll need to bring your own firewood. Campfires and solid fuel burners may be subject to temporary bans during summer fire season. Gas or fuel stoves are recommended.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited without prior consent. You must apply for permission and contact the local office.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Khancoban area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Khancoban area is open all year, but access along the Khancoban to Cabramurra Road is closed in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Entry passes available from Khancoban Visitor Centre's 24-hour vending machines.
See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Khancoban Visitor Centre
2 Scammel Street, Khancoban NSW 2642
- Winter (June to September): Open 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on weekends. Rest of year: Open 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6070 8400