Devils Hole campground
North Coast, Country NSW
All the practical information you need to know about Devils Hole campground .
Getting there and parking
Devils Hole campground is in the state conservation area of Barrington Tops State Conservation Area. To get there:
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The campground is located on the right after passing Thunderbolts lookout
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right on to Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The campground is on the left (opposite the picnic area), 7.5km past Polblue
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available beside your campsite at Devils Hole campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
- Water is available at this campground, but it’s a good idea to bring your own supply for drinking and cooking.
- There are picnic facilities, accessible toilets, and wood barbecues across the road at Devils Hole lookout. You can reach the facilities along a 200m concrete and gravel path.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
The campground is step-free and mostly flat, but there are no pathways. You'll need to cross over grass to get around the campground.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The campground is mostly flat and step-free but there are no pathways.
- You'll need to cross over grass to get around the campground.
- There are picnic tables, accessible toilets and wood barbecues at Devils Hole lookout across the road. You can reach the facilities along a 200m gravel and concrete path.