Depot Beach campground
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Depot Beach campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Depot Beach campground is in the central precinct of Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- From the Princes Highway enter the national park via Mount Agony Road
- Take the right fork onto North Durras Road
- Then take Depot Beach Road to the campground
Park entry points
- Depot Beach carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available on your campsite for 1 vehicle.
- Parking for tent-only sites is available on the perimeter of the tent-only camp area.
- Limited additional parking is available within Depot Beach campground carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are marked. Sites are suitable for caravans, camper trailers, campervans and tents.
- Firewood, gas (swap-and-go) and ice can be purchased at the campground.
- Please place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Depot Beach cabins are also available.
- Flush toilets
Shared covered picnic shelters with gas barbecues and a pizza oven.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Water within the campground should be boiled before drinking.
There's no mobile phone coverage at Depot Beach. There's a coin operated public phone on the verandah of the Depot Beach office.
$1 coin for 4 minutes of hot water.
- Hot showers
Powered and unpowered sites are available. Power is not available elsewhere in the campground.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- The campground has a wheelchair-accessible toilet and shower accessed via ramp
- The beach can be reached with assistance.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are permitted only in the fire rings provided. BYO firewood or purchase on-site. No fires may be lit on the ground.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass