Guy Fawkes River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dalmorton campground.
Getting there and parking
Dalmorton campground is in the state conservation area of Guy Fawkes River National Park. To get there:
- Take Gwydir Highway west for 7km and turn left onto Old Grafton Road
- Follow Old Grafton Road for 58km
- Turn left onto Chaelundi Road; the campground is 1km away.
- Take Tyringham Road through to Grafton/Armidale Road
- Turn right onto Grafton/Armidale Road, travel 4km, and turn left at Dundurrabin onto Sheepstation Creek Road (gravel road starts).
- 6km along Sheepstation Creek Road, turn left onto Chaelundi Road.
- Travel 58km along Chaelundi Road to Dalmorton campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Dalmorton campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Guy Fawkes River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Great camping weather when the days start cooling off, yet the water in the river is still warm.
Look out for native wildflowers around Ebor Falls, including everlasting daisies, native violets and small-fruited hakea.
Paddle in the creek at Chaelundi campground or swim, canoe or fish on Boyd River at Dalmorton.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.