Colo Meroo campground
Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Colo Meroo campground.
Getting there and parking
Colo Meroo campground is in the southeast precinct of Wollemi National Park. The campground can only be accessed by foot. To get there:
- From Bells Line of Road, turn into Mountain Lagoon Road at Bilpin
- Turn left at Sams Way and left again when you see the National Parks and Wildlife Service sign
- Follow Gospers Ridge Trail approximately 4km to the end
- From here the walk is approximately 8km to the campground
Alternatively, if starting upstream from Upper Colo Road:
- This 2.5km walking track crosses private property so please leave the gates as you find them
- Please ensure you stay on the marked walking route into Colo Meroo
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Gospers Ridge Trail, Upper Colo Road and Bob Turners Trail.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wollemi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With its softer light, autumn is the perfect time of year to head out to photograph or paint Wollemi's extraordinary landscapes.
With the temperature warming up, dig out the canoe and head to picturesque Ganguddy (Dunns swamp) for a cruise along the waterways.
Escape the heat and join an illuminating tour of the Glow Worm tunnel.
- Water is not available at this campground
- Remember to treat or boil all water taken from creeks in the park
- There are no rubbish facilities at this site. Please take all garbage with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)