Colo Meroo campground
Wollemi National Park
Colo Meroo campground in World Heritage-listed Wollemi National Park is a great place for experienced campers to enjoy a weekend or longer in the great outdoors.
|Number of campsites||2|
|Camping type||Tent, Remote/backpack camping|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, toilets|
|What to bring||Drinking water, cooking water, firewood|
|Price||There are no camping fees at this campground but a $6 booking fee applies.|
|Bookings||Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
At Colo Meroo campground, you can pitch your tent on grassy flats just 100m from the beautiful Colo river. Pop your billy on the wood barbie and settle in for a magnificent night sky showing.
While the Colo is often described as a ‘wild’ river, this is more to do with it being a haven for an abundance of plants and animals. The tranquil waters and tributaries that flow through here are part of the most extensive sandstone canyon system in eastern Australia. This pristine catchment area, an important place for local Aboriginal custodians, is one of Wollemi National Park's highlights.
The facilities at this campground are basic, but the backdrop of striking sandstone cliffs and ambient river soundtrack make for a priceless experience.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glenbrook office
- Entry station is only open on weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- 02 4632 4500 Infoline
- 68 Bruce Road, Glenbrook NSW 2773
- in Wollemi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds, North Coast and Country NSW regions
Wollemi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (18)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Horse riding (1)
- Other experiences (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Walking (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)