Cod Hole campground and picnic area
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Cod Hole campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Cod Hole campground and picnic area is in the central precinct of Nymboi-Binderay National Park. To get there from Dorrigo:
- Drive along Tyringham Road and turn right onto Moonpar Forest Drive
- After 24km, turn left onto Moses Rock Road and left again onto Cod Hole Road.
- Take Megan Road from Dorrigo
- Turn left at Cascade into Moses Rock Road
- Turn left again onto Cod Hole Road
- This access roads to this campground are not suitable for caravans
- Access roads are 4WD recommended
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Cod Hole campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
Parking is available at Cod Hole campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nymboi-Binderay National Park. One of the highlights of a visit to the park is a whitewater rafting trip down the Nymboida River. Spring is a great time to head out on a guided tour.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Nymboi-Binderay National Park in the North Coast region
Nymboi-Binderay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.