Cattai National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cattai campground.
Getting there and parking
Cattai campground is located in Cattai National Park. To get there, take Wisemans Ferry Road, Cattai and look for the turn off at Caddie Road. Follow the signs to the campground.
Access to the campground is along both sealed and unsealed road sections accessible by 2WD vehicles. Camping is only permitted in the campground which is at the far end of the main picnic area.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in the campground.
Best times to visit
Cattai National Park is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a winter picnic in the sun or a family camping holiday during spring. Walking and bike riding are popular autumn activities in the park and summer is perfect for boating and paddling along the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are unmarked and suitable for tents, camper trailers, campervans and caravans.
- The campground has a maximum occupancy of 200 campers.
- The water available at Cattai campground needs to be treated before drinking.
- There is no power in the campground.
- Please take all rubbish with you when you leave.
- There are no boat launching facilities in this park.
There's a camp kitchen with barbecues and washing up facilities.
- Flush toilets
Fires are allowed in designated barbecues or portable off-the-ground barbecues.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- The campground is mostly flat, with grass and gravel terrain, making it moderately wheelchair-accessible.
- There is an accessible toilet at the main amenities block.
- Don't empty chemical toilets into campground amenities.
- Don't empty caravan grey water into the ground.
Chainsaws are not permitted
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park is open 8am to 6pm from May to August and 8am to 8pm from September to April. The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass