Bungarie Bay campground
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bungarie Bay campground.
Getting there and parking
Bungarie Bay campground is in the Boolambayte Lake precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there from Bulahdelah:
- Drive north on the Pacific Highway
- After several km, turn right onto The Lakes Way and follow for 7km
- Turn right onto Violet Hill Road
- Continue for around 8km then turn right into the campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available at Bungarie Bay campground. A daily vehicle entry fee applies in this park.
- Rubbish bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you when you leave. The nearest waste station is at Violet Hill campground and picnic area.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
- Please keep noise to a minimum and avoid amplified music.
- Don't tie ropes to trees as they can cause damage to the tree.
- Chemical toilets are not permitted at this campground.
Fishing is not permitted in Boolambayte Lake, which is a sanctuary zone within the Port Stephens-Great Lakes Marine Park. You can go fishing in nearby Myall Lake, which is accessed from Violet Hill campground and picnic area. A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass