Blue Waterholes campground
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Blue Waterholes campground.
Getting there and parking
Blue Waterholes campground is in the Northern Plains and Wilderness area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Snowy Mountains Highway onto Long Plain Road
- Turn right onto Blue Waterholes Trail
- Blue Waterholes campground is located at the end of the trail, around 25km from the Snowy Mountains Highway turnoff
- Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes Trail are unsealed, so please check conditions before you set out, and allow plenty of time to reach the campground.
- There's no vehicle access to this campground in winter, and road closures may occur in extreme weather
- Check conditions before you set out, as Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes Trail can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Blue Waterholes campground
Water and firewood are not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass