Clyde River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Beach campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Beach campground is in the Chinamans Point precinct of Clyde River National Park. The campground can only be accessed by boat. To get there:
- Launch your watercraft from the boat ramp beside the bridge at either Batemans Bay or Nelligen
- Travel approximately 6km upstream of Batemans Bay or 9km downstream of Nelligen
- The campground is located downstream of Big Island on the eastern river bank.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Batemans Bay and Nelligen.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Clyde River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take in magnificent sunset views from Holmes lookout after a day of exploring.
Get away from the holiday crowds and enjoy peaceful camping, swimming and kayaking on mighty Clyde River.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
14°C and 24°C
6°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground
- Firewood is not provided and is sparse.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Boat hire, camping supplies, grocery stores and medical supplies and services are available at Batemans Bay.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.