Alexanders Hut campground
South East Forests National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Alexanders Hut campground.
Getting there and parking
Alexanders Hut campground is in the Tantawangalo area of South East Forests National Park.
To get there from Nimmitabel:
- Drive south for 10km along Snowy Mountains Highway
- Turn right onto Monaro Highway and follow for 4 km
- Turn left onto New Line Road and follow for 19km
- Turn left onto Packers Swamp Road and follow the brown and white signs to Alexanders Hut.
To get there From Bombala:
- Drive east for 19km along Mount Darragh Road
- Turn left onto Tantawangalo Mountain Road and follow the brown and white signs to Alexanders Hut.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available next to the campsite.
- You’ll need to bring your own supply of drinking and cooking water.
- There are no bins at Alexanders Hut campground so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
Hard access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Assistance will be necessary.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Recreational hunting in NSW National Parks is an illegal activity and is a fineable offence.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.