Applies from Wed 6 Jan 2021, 12.37pm. Last reviewed: Mon 8 Feb 2021, 9.03am.
Other incidents: Visitation restrictions
There are a number of restrictions on visitation and access by the general public to Yathong, Nombinnie and Round Hill Nature Reserves and Nombinnie State Conservation Area.
- These reserves are not available for overnight camping or hiking. Visitation is restricted to day visits only.
- Vehicle access is restricted to the public roads passing through or adjoining the reserves. Management trails are closed to vehicles. However you are welcome to walk on the trails.
- Bird watchers are welcome to walk into the reserves and along management trails. However take care to make sure you can navigate back to your car - it is easy to get disorientated in mallee country.
- Trips to Round Hill Nature Reserve by bird watching clubs can be done by prior arrangement.
- There are a number of scientific research programs happening in the reserves and visitors should not disturb any field equipment if they come across it.
- The reserves are closed periodically to allow management programs to be undertaken. Please check the website for closures prior to visits.
For further information contact the NPWS Central West area, Bathurst office on 02 6332 7640.