Jilliby State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Jilliby State Conservation Area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
To Jilliby (southern section) from Wyong:
- Follow Yarramalong Road west to Red Hill Road on the left in Ourimbah State Forest
- Head south through Ourimbah State Forest, uphill to the intersection of Wallaby Road, and turn right.
- Continue west, along Red Hill Road, to the park boundary at Prestons Ridge Road.
To Jilliby (central section) from Wyong:
- Take Hue Hue Road to Jilliby Road
- Turn left onto Watagan Forest Road and proceed 6km to the park boundary
To Jilliby (northern section) From Cooranbong:
- Turn onto Martinsville Road at the Fire Station from Freemans Drive
- Keep left, uphill along Wattagan Road, to Martinsville Hill Road and onto the park boundary.
Park entry points
- Muirs lookout See on map
The roads in Jilliby State Conservation Area are unsealed and accessible by 4WD only. Gates and roads may be temporarily closed to prevent damage when wet. Please contact Lake Munmorah office on 02 4972 9000 for more information.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
Jilliby State Conservation Area is not readily accessible by public transport. The closest railway stations are located in Wyong (10km) and Morisset (25 km).
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Jilliby State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler months are a great time to jump in your 4WD and go for a car touring adventure to enjoy the forests in all their autumn glory.
Spring is a perfect time to enjoy long bushwalks, bike rides and horseback rides through the parks many trails.
When the weather is too hot to work up a sweat, enjoy a picnic in the beautiful picnic areas at Muirs lookout and Stoney Ridge.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 27°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Jilliby State Conservation Area is always open but some sections may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Lake Munmorah office
02 4972 9000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- Lake Munmorah office
02 4320 4200
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- Girrakool office
Wyong (11 km)
Morisset (15 km)
Morisset is a gateway to the Watagan Mountains. It's a resort and residential town close to huge state forest. It's situated on Lake Macquarie between water and woodlands.
Gosford (31 km)
Gosford is a great destination for a family day trip or holiday. It's situated on Brisbane Water National Park and surrounded by state forests, lakes and beaches.