Minnamurra Rainforest outdoor weddings
Budderoo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Minnamurra Rainforest outdoor weddings.
Getting there and parking
You can reach Minnamurra Rainforest through Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, located in the foothills of Jamberoo Valley, west of Kiama on the NSW South Coast. To get there from Jamberoo:
- After leaving Jamberoo village, turn left onto Jamberoo Mountain Road.
- Take the first right onto Minnamurra Falls Road and travel 3.5km to Minnamurra Rainforest Centre at the end of the road.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Car and bus parking are available at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, including designated disabled parking bays.
Wedding party, guests and photographer are to park in designated spaces.
It's essential to pre-book coach parking.
Spring and autumn are the best seasons for wedding ceremonies in the rainforest. Summer can be hot and humid, and winter temperatures can be very cold.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre and cafe are wheelchair-accessible with assistance
- Disabled parking spots are available
- There are wheelchair-accessible toilets
Food and drink
- Commercial cocktail-style catering is limited to plates or platters of cold food such as sandwiches, antipasto, canapes, salads and cakes. Small plates are permitted.
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Native or silk flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer and 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video, including drone use, may be permitted on application. You’ll need a small-scale photographer and wedding filming license.
Balloons and plant materials are not permitted, including:
- Decorations consisting of flowers or plant materials containing seeds
- Throwing rice or petals
- Horse-drawn carriages
Tents, marquees and banners are not permitted. Please do not put up signage or cordon off structures or areas at Minnamurra Rainforest.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass