Wingham Brush boardwalk
Wingham Brush Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Wingham Brush boardwalk.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Wingham Brush boardwalk is on the Farquhar Street side of Wingham Brush Nature Reserve. To get there:
- As you enter the township of Wingham, continue on Wingham Road.
- Turn left into Farquhar Street, then follow to the end, where you’ll see the carpark.
Parking is available at the end of Farquhar Street, where the boardwalk starts.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wingham Brush Nature Reserve Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the peaceful ambience and see the beautiful autumn colours on the leaves of the white cedars as you wander along the boardwalk.
Wander through the rainforest by day, then, on the banks of the river at sunset, watch the spectacular sight of flying foxes flying out in search of food.
Escape the holiday crowds, enjoy cooler temperatures under the rainforest canopy and see grey-headed flying foxes when breeding reaches its peak.
Keep your eyes out for seasonal altitudinal migrants, such as fruit pigeons, bowerbirds and bats foraging in the rainforest.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 29°C
6°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The eastern section of this boardwalk, from the end of Farquhar Street along Graham Allen walking track and Flying Fox loop, is suitable for wheelchairs, prams, and visitors with limited mobility.
- This section consists of raised timber and fibremesh boardwalk.
- Regenerators walk, accessed from the western end of Graham Allen walking track, or from Farquhar Street, is raised timber decking with several sets of steps.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430