Willunga Trig walking track
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Willunga Trig walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Willunga Trig walking track starts at Number 6 post in the West Head precinct of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. To get there, follow West Head Road.
Parking is available near Number 6 post on West Head Road.
Best times to visit
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
If you're interested in wildflower displays, set aside a day in August or September to stroll through the park's blooming heathlands.
Bring your fishing gear and go camping at The Basin.
Barrenjoey Head (on the other side of Pittwater, but still in the park) is an excellent spot for whale watching. Take the Barrenjoey Lighthouse Walk between May and August or celebrate International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend in August.
Maps and downloads
This walking track is quite rocky and may not be suitable for some people with mobility issues.
Gathering firewood and the use of heat beads is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- Garigal National Park, End of Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy a pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
Bobbin Head, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre