Willunga Trig walking track
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Moderate Willunga Trig walking track offers spectacular panoramic scenic views from the highest lookout point in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, near Mona Vale.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- 1.5km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- You can find toilets and picnic facilities at Resolute picnic area
Willunga Trig walking track is an ideal introduction for new visitors to Sydney. It’s an exceptional short walk that leads to Willunga Trig lookout, the highest point in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, offering magnificent panoramic views of the park, bushland, and waterways.
This easy track leads through dry heathland of banksia and grevillea. As you start to climb, the heath gives way to woodland of scribbly gum and red bloodwood. At the top, you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views across the entire park and Pittwater, to Mona Vale. In the distance, you’ll see the outline of Sydney and Chatswood to the south.
When you’ve soaked in the views, and thoughts turn to a tasty snack, why not head down to The Basin picnic area. Or, if you’re feeling energetic, try nearby Towlers Bay walking track.
Take a virtual tour of Willunga Trig walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass