Washpool walking track
Gibraltar Range National Park
Revel in the timeless wonder of ancient Gondwana Rainforest along Washpool walking track, and enjoy rare birdwatching and wildlife, in Washpool National Park, near Glen Innes.
- Gibraltar Range National Park
- 8.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Immerse yourself in the timeless wonder of the warm temperate forests of Washpool National Park, near Glen Innes. This moderately challenging loop offers the rare opportunity to experience the ancient stands of World Heritage Gondwana Rainforest. Leading from Coombadjha campground, it's an ideal hike for experienced walkers who enjoy birdwatching and wildlife spotting in pristine wilderness.
Winding through gentle hills, this clearly sign posted walking track leads to one of the largest stands of coachwood forest in NSW. You’ll see picturesque waterfalls and spectacular views, with a chance to spot rainforest locals such as satin bower birds and lyrebirds.
Summit Creek is a great spot for a break and the beautiful surrounds make for some superb nature photography. Picnic along the way or head back for a barbecue lunch at the campground, where you might be tempted to camp overnight.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Gibraltar Range National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Gibraltar Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, road damage, or high fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass