Topham walking track
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Topham walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Topham walking track is in the West Head and Basins precincts of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. To get there, follow West Head Road off McCarrs Creek Road. Look for the track head sign on your left.
Park entry points
- Topham trackhead See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Parking is available near Topham walking track.
Best times to visit
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
If you're interested in wildflower displays, set aside a day in August or September to stroll through the park's blooming heathlands.
After walking Topham track you might like to drive a little further down to West Head and take in the magnificent views across Pittwater and over to Barrenjoey Lighthouse.
Maps and downloads
Cycling is permitted on Topham walking track. The rough terrain means it's best suited to mountain bikes.
Gathering firewood and the use of heat beads is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- Garigal National Park, End of Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
Bobbin Head, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre