Topham walking track
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Topham walking track offers scenic views, picnicking, wildflowers and wildlife near Cowan Water in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, north of Sydney. Moderate difficulty, it’s perfect for families.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- 3.7km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat
- Please note
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Resolute picnic area in West Head
Topham walking track winds its way through open woodland to the escarpment overlooking Cowan Water, in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, north of Sydney. An excellent nature day trip for family and friends, you can be amongst the trees and listening for whipbirds within an hour of the city.
Passing heathlands of banksia and bottlebrush, look for colourful wildflower displays during the warmer months. You’ll catch the scent of the highly fragrant red and white boronia flowers along this walk. Keep an eye out for delicate flannel flower and iconic waratahs amongst the bush.
As the track leads to the escarpment, take in the lovely water views over Refuge Bay. Here, amongst the scribbly gums, you might hear the rustling of an echidna or perhaps the call of the golden whistler. Unpack a bush picnic and make the most of the tranquil setting before retracing your steps.
Take a virtual tour of Topham walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass