The Governor Summit (Corrunbral Borawah) walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
Corrunbral Borawah, also known as The Governor Summit walking track, is a steep climb offering scenic mountain views and birdwatching, in Kaputar National Park.
- Mount Kaputar National Park in Country NSW
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr
- Grade 4
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to The Governor Summit walking track can be closed due to snow and ice
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
For a rewarding walk with breathtaking scenic views across the dramatic volcanic landscape in Mount Kaputar National Park, try The Governor Summit walking track, near Narrabri. Also known as Corrunbral Borawah, it’s a great track for experienced walkers and birdwatching.
The walking track follows an easy sealed boardwalk to The Governor lookout, where you can bask in the superb scenic mountain views. You’ll see majestic mountain gums and vibrant wildflowers in the spring. The second half of the track, though, will definitely get your heart racing. Ascending steeply via ladders, you’ll have to do some rock scrambling, but it’s all worth the effort.
From the unfenced summit, you can take in the magnificent 360-degree panorama across Nandewar Ranges and Euglah Rock. Raptors such as wedge-tailed eagles are often seen circling on the updrafts and clear autumn days are ideal for unending scenic views.
The Governor lookout
The Governor lookout is in Mount Kaputar National Park on The Governor lookout walking track. It’s a great spot for breathtaking views of a wild landscape shaped by volcanic activity.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (29)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (7)
- Cycling (3)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (20)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (16)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)