The Governor lookout
Mount Kaputar National Park
The Governor lookout is in Mount Kaputar National Park on The Governor lookout walking track. It’s a great spot for breathtaking views of a wild landscape shaped by volcanic activity.
Reached by a short and accessible boardwalk, The Governor lookout offers spellbinding views over the Nandewar and Grattai wilderness areas, about an hour from Narrabri.
You can’t miss the sculptural peak of The Governor Sumit (Corrunbral Borawah), a distinctive rock formation created by a volcanic plug. On clear autumn days, the mountain views stretch as far as the eye can see.
The Governor lookout walking track
Enjoy scenic mountain views over Grattai wilderness area from The Governor lookout walking track.
The Governor Summit (Corrunbral Borawah) walking track
Corrunbral Borawah, also known as The Governor Summit walking track, is a steep climb offering scenic mountain views and birdwatching, in Kaputar National Park.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (40)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Cycling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (21)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)