Second Ponds Creek walk
Rouse Hill Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about Second Ponds Creek walk.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Second Ponds Creek walk is in Rouse Hill Regional Park, in western Sydney. To get there from Sydney:
- Exit the M7 at Old Windsor Road (which eventually becomes Windsor Road) and turn right to travel north
- At Rouse Hill, turn left into Rouse Road
- Turn right into Worcester Road entrance, then follow the road to its end at the main carpark.
- he walk begins at the playground and picnic area.
Park entry points
- Rouse Hill carpark See on map
Parking is available at Rouse Hill picnic area carpark. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
Rouse Hill Regional Park is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for an early morning jog in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or enjoy a day of bike riding in autumn.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 28°C
4°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave the park.
- There are rainwater tanks, but it is recommended that you boil this water before drinking.
- Toilet facilities are located near the oval and at the pavilions.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The full 1km circuit follows a flat, hard dirt track. It can be accessed by visitors in a wheelchair and those with limited mobility, with some assistance.
- Rouse Hill picnic area, where this track starts and ends, is fully accessible. There are picnic tables here, and wheelchair accessible toilets are available at the oval next to the picnic area carpark.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
You can walk your dog at this location. See other regional parks in NSW that have dog walking areas.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756