Sculptures in the Scrub walking track
Timmallallie National Park
Take a short walk around the Sculptures in the Scrub in Timmallallie National Park – award-winning sculptures that celebrate Aboriginal culture and history.
- Timmallallie National Park in Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to check road conditions before setting out – contact Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre for up to date information.
Sculptures in the Scrub walking track, in Timallallie National Park, takes in the award-winning Sculptures in the Scrub, a project that was four years in the making.
Each sculpture is the result of an artist collaborating with local Aboriginal Elders and young people on a piece that tells a story of local Aboriginal history and culture. Take some time to look at these works - you’ll find some information about the artist’s background and the methods used to create the sculpture, along with its deeper meaning.
Sculptures in the Scrub picnic area and campground is near the walking track, which is a good place to stop if you have time, and you may even see some of the local wildlife. If you’re walking the track in spring, you’ll likely be treated to a colourful and vibrant display of wildflowers.
Tours and events at this location
Immerse yourself in Timmallallie National Park and learn about the mysterious relationships between plants, animals and the physical environment.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Pilliga Forest is an iconic Australian landscape offering rugged beauty on a grand scale. Explore the trail network by car or on foot, take a guided tour and camp out.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396