Sculptures in the Scrub walking track
Pilliga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sculptures in the Scrub walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Sculptures in the Scrub walking track is in Timmallallie National Park. To get there from Baradine:
- Drive for approximately 9.5km along Indians Lane
- Turn right at the T-junction onto No 1 Break Road and drive for about 13km
- Turn right onto Top Crossing Road and drive for approximately 11km
- Turn left into Dandry Gorge Road and drive for 1km and follow the signs to Sculptures in the Scrub walking track
Parking is available at Sculptures in the Scrub picnic area.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 40C. In winter nights can be very cold, but you can enjoy clear sunny days. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods, with the average annual rainfall around 600mm. Creeks may quickly become impassable after heavy rain.
15°C and 35°C
2°C and 21°C
June to September
There’s a picnic area nearby the walking track if you’d like to stop for some lunch.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396
- in Pilliga National Park in the Country NSW region
Pilliga Forest is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.