Sandstone Caves walking track
Pilliga Nature Reserve
Take a short walk along Sandstone Caves walking track to see ancient Aboriginal rock art in Pilliga Nature Reserve, located near Coonabarabran and Baradine.
- Pilliga Nature Reserve in Country NSW
- 1.7km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Photography is permitted, however visitors are requested not to use flash photography.
- It’s a good idea to check road conditions before setting out. Contact Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre for up-to-date information.
Walk in the footsteps of the Gamilaraay People along the short Sandstone Caves walking track in Pilliga Nature Reserve. You’ll pass through scenic forest to the impressive sandstone hills which contain ancient Aboriginal rock engravings. Take some time to read over the interpretive signage a deeper insight into this special place.
This is a special place for the Gamilaraay People. Please be respectful when visiting the area and refrain from touching the rock art and engravings.
Learn more about Pilliga Nature Reserve and Pilliga National Park.
Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
The Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre is the best place for visitors and tourists to collect information about the Pilliga Forest before setting off on their adventure.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Pilliga National Park
Pilliga Forest is an iconic Australian landscape offering rugged beauty on a grand scale. Located near Baradine, you can explore the trail network by car or on foot, and camp out.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396
- in Pilliga Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region