Round walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Packed with scenic views, birdwatching, rainforest and waterfalls; medium difficulty Round walking track offers iconic views of The Three Sisters in Blue Mountains National Park.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park in Sydney and surrounds, Country NSW
- 1.2km loop
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, binoculars
A short yet spectacular track through a lush rainforest gully leading to lookouts that boast some of the most iconic views in Blue Mountains National Park. Excellent for adventurous walkers looking for a shorter route, Round walking track packs in a swag of spectacular vistas and waterfalls, that highlight the dramatic beauty of the Katoomba escarpment.
Take in the spectacular waterfall views from Reids Plateau before making your descent down the stairs into the shadowy gorge. In the spring the new fern shoots brush your legs and flocks of rosellas and lorikeets flit through the rainforest canopy.
At Vanimans lookout you’ll have unsurpassed views of The Three Sisters and Katoomba Falls. The medium difficulty track skirts the cliff edge leading to romantically named Juliets Balcony overlooking Witches Leap waterfall.
Take a virtual tour of Round walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.